Week 8

Week 8: Thoreau A Sublime Life
This week i read Thoreau A Sublime life. Although i found the story to be rather slow, it was a relaxing read. What made me enjoy this comic in particular was the art style. I loved the line work and rather desaturated colours. The panel lay out was also really smooth, with far more images than text, which made it very easy to read though. I simply found myself really enjoying the way it flowed in comparison to other comics i read, for instance Maus, which sometimes was a little more challenging to make out. I really liked the larger panels with pretty scenes that offered occasional breaks. There was even a point where the images switched to some rougher pencil sketches which i really loved. The story was a little too simple for me, but the art stye was enough for me to enjoy this comic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 10